Thursday 19 June 2014

Good News!

First Place in The Vintage Contest

Some of you may be aware that I won first place in Pattern Review's "The Vintage Contest". I'm very happy about this and I'm thankful for all the lovely comments I've received on my gown. You might be wondering why I haven't reviewed this dress on this blog yet... I want to save it for when my dress actually fits me. Sadly, I gained weight during this project and the dress doesn't fit around the waist. I'm either going to have to wait until I can wear it or I'll have to sew a new bodice. Either way it will be awhile before you see my full and in depth review because I have our foster cat living in my sewing room. I want him to be nice and comfortable with the rest of the house before I move him to another room. With my sewing room off limits I've taken up making crafts again and I'm hoping to open an Etsy shop soon.

I do want to sew very badly and I feel that in another week or two that will be possible again. I'll be going on a short vacation soon, which I'm really looking forward to. I just need fresh air and a change of scenery. I also hope to get inspired while I'm out, because I've been running low on new ideas for my art. It'll be nice to go on nature hikes, go fishing and get back in touch with my family.

I do have many plans for upcoming sewing projects. Of course after winning the contest I received a gift certificate for patterns. I chose three in total. I purchased a 1950's playsuit pattern, gown pattern, and a petticoat pattern. I ended up spending a little over my gift certificate amount, which I sort of regret but I realize it would have cost me the same to buy it off of Etsy what with shipping and all that. I couldn't pass up on the vintage petticoat pattern, it's something you would think I already have in my collection but I actually don't! I have a petticoat pattern from the 80's and it just isn't the same. So I'm looking forward to these patterns, they're really cool. Unfortunately I forgot to save the images before I ordered them, so now I can't show you what I ordered, but in time you'll see!

I'd like to give a special thank you to all who voted for me and thanks to So Vintage Patterns for supplying the prize. : )

Happy Sewing! 

4 comments:

  1. LittleGothicHorrors19 June 2014 at 15:12

    Oh, congratulations on winning the contest!! Having a break and a change of scenery is bound to get your creative juices flowing. :) Have a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks : ) I'm looking forward to some downtime. It feels like I've been sewing non-stop for months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's a very pretty dress x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! I'm back from vacation and looking forward to sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete

***ATTENTION*** I will not publish comments that contain offensive subject matter or self promotion (advertisements or links to your website). I have never commented spam on your blog so please do not spam mine.
\( ^ - ^ )/
Thank you!